November 13 / 2013
I-90 Innerbelt Closures Upcoming/W 14th On-Ramp to Close Thursday Night
Attention Motorists: As soon as this weekend, I-90 westbound traffic will be shifted onto the new bridge! To make the switch, there are a number of traffic impacts for off-peak hours coming up this week and weekend. We appreciate your patience as these traffic changes take place. Continue to visit our “Traffic Impacts” page at www.Innerbelt.org. The following impacts are upcoming:
Regional Interstate Impacts:
- Overnight Thursday, November 14, I-90 will be closed in both directions between I-490 and I-77 from 8 p.m. to 6 a.m. Friday morning, November 15. Detour using I-77 and I-490.
- At 8 p.m. on Thursday, November 14 the W 14th Street on-ramp to I-90 east toward downtown will close. This ramp will remain closed until the completion of the second new Innerbelt Bridge in late 2016. Remember: Getting to Tremont will NOT change, but use an alternate route out of the neighborhood! Click here for a printable copy of Tremont detours. Additional info for businesses is available here.
- This weekend, I-90 west will be closed between I-77 and I-490 from Friday, November 15 at 8 p.m. until 6 a.m., Monday, November 18. Motorists can detour using I-77 south to I-490 west. When I-90 west reopens, westbound traffic will be on the NEW bridge and access to I-71 south will be restored from downtown ramps!
- This weekend, there will be intermittent lane closures on I-90 east between I-490 and I-77 from Friday, November 15 at 8 p.m. until 6 a.m., Monday, November 18. Motorists are encouraged to use I-490 east to I-77 north to avoid congestion.
- The one-way southbound roadway from Abbey Avenue to W 14th Street will close at 8 a.m. Sunday, November 17 through Monday, November 25 at 6 a.m. Motorists can detour using Abbey Avenue to W 11th Street to Fairfield Avenue.