The National Basketball Association issued to all teams a revised set of Arena Guidelines, according to NBA Deputy Commissioner and COO Russ Granik. The Guidelines include policies dealing with the deployment of security personnel, alcohol sales and a new Fan Code of Conduct.
Security / Building Policies & Procedures
Creating a safe and secure environment for all of our guests and employees is a high priority at Rocket Mortgage FieldHouse.
It is our responsibility to make sure the people who spend time at this facility are safe and secure. We will take the necessary measures to provide an environment where our guests can have a good time without concern.
For the overall safety and welfare of a minor, it is at the discretion of Rocket Mortgage FieldHouse to require that children 17 and under must be accompanied by a parent and/or guardian to gain entry into select ticketed or non-ticketed events. For events when this policy will be enforced, advance notice will be provided. No refunds will be issued.
Rocket Mortgage FieldHouse security personnel reserve the right to determine the method of security checks as deemed necessary including the use of metal detectors, the search of jackets, clothing and other items.
Prohibited Items At Rocket Mortgage FieldHouse
- No video and audio recorders, including Go Pros.
- No weapons of any kind, including pepper spray, pocket knives and/or blades of any kind.
- No selfie sticks.
- iPads or other similar electronic devices (with the exception of Cavs, Monsters, Gladiators and MAC games).
- Garments with explicit language, profanity or derogatory characterization directed toward any person. Determination of appropriate messaging is at sole discretion of The Q.No signs, posters or messages on any garment with explicit language, profanity, or derogatory characterization directed toward any person.
- No laser pointers or whistles.
- No backpacks, large bags (bags must be 14” x 14” x 6” or smaller and fit under seat without obstruction of aisles), or sealed packages of any kind (including gifts for performers).
- No long chains on clothing or otherwise.
- No facial masks that are not easily removable.
- No bottles, cans, or coolers.
- No outside food or beverages. Exceptions are made for medical reasons, baby food and reasonable children’s snacks (crackers, raisins, juice boxes, etc.).
- The use of any outside noisemaker is prohibited in the arena.
- Any professional camera device with a lens larger than 6 inches.
- In accordance with Ohio’s “concealed carry” law and the right for private entities to ban handguns on their premises, firearms and other weapons of any kind are strictly forbidden on the premises of Rocket Mortgage FieldHouse.
Permitted Items At Rocket Mortgage FieldHouse
- Purses and diaper bags are permitted and will be inspected by security
- Binoculars and cell phones are permitted and subject to security inspection